The MIAC Database features a global pool of both highly experienced and new arbitrators as well as mediators, drawn from civil and common law jurisdictions around the world.
In creating an online Database, MIAC aims to create a useful resource to users, and at the same time bring to the fore the recognized talent of arbitrators and mediators from Africa, Asia, and beyond.
The Database is freely accessible to the public for assistance in identifying appropriate arbitrators for specific cases. Appointments by the MIAC appointing authority may also draw upon, but would not be limited to, the Database. While MIAC encourages qualified individuals to join the Database, inclusion in the Database does not entail an endorsement or certification by MIAC.
Experience as counsel in arbitration proceedings: Yes , 2 cases
Experience as Mediator: No
Legal systems: Civil Law, Common Law
Bar Admission: Nigeria
Fields of arbitration specialization: Construction & Infrastructure, Corporate law / M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, Joint Venture, Telecommunications
1. Author of the Global Arbitration Review’s (GAR) International Arbitration know-how Nigeria Chapter which can be viewed at the GAR Website at http://www.globalarbitrationreview.com/know-how/topics/61jurisdiction/18/nigeria/
2. Immediate past Author of the ILO’s legal Newsletter updates on International Arbitration – Nigeria Chapter which can be viewed at the ILO Website at http://www.internationallawoffice.com/newsletters/details.aspx?r=25386
3. Author of The influence of the New York Convention on the development of International Arbitration in Nigeria.
Journal of International Arbitration Volume 25, Number 6, December 2008. Published in Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the New York Convention, 1958.
4. Corruption and sham disputes in Arbitration: Is there a duty on Arbitral Tribunal to investigate allegations of corruption and rule on it in the resolution of Parties’ dispute – A paper presented at the 3rd International Conference of the Penn Law International Arbitration Association, March, 2019.
5. Author of the Nigeria Chapter of Getting The Deal Through – Arbitration, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
6. Author of the Nigeria Chapter of Getting The Deal Through – Investment Treaty Arbitration – 2015.
7. Author of the Nigeria Chapter of the book, Enforcement of Investment Treaty Arbitration Awards: A Global Guide. Published by Globe Law and Business U.K. 2015.
8. Contributor to the Global Wisdom on Business Transactions International Law and Dispute Resolution 2015.