Database of Arbitrators and Mediators
The MIAC Database features a global pool of both highly experienced and new arbitrators as well as mediators, drawn from civil and common law jurisdictions around the world.
In creating an online Database, MIAC aims to create a useful resource to users, and at the same time bring to the fore the recognized talent of arbitrators and mediators from Africa, Asia, and beyond.
The Database is freely accessible to the public for assistance in identifying appropriate arbitrators for specific cases. Appointments by the MIAC appointing authority may also draw upon, but would not be limited to, the Database. While MIAC encourages qualified individuals to join the Database, inclusion in the Database does not entail an endorsement or certification by MIAC.
Mr. Emery Sango Kabonga
Arbitre et Médiateur International et Associé Sénior
Kikangala and associates Law Firm
Nationality: Congolese (DRC)
Email Address: email@example.com
Languages: French (Native), English (Fluent)
Experience as sole arbitrator: Yes , 7 cases
Experience as co-arbitrator: Yes , 4 cases
Experience as presiding arbitrator: Yes , 1 cases
Experience as counsel in arbitration proceedings: Yes , 9 cases
Experience as Mediator: Yes, 11 cases
Legal systems: Civil Law
Bar Admission: Tribunal de Grande Instance de Lubumbashi
Fields of arbitration specialization: Commercial arbitration, Energy & Natural Resources, Intellectual Property, Investment law
1. Economic spying and trade secret protection, ed. Generation OHADA, Lubumbashi, 2018.
2. Accounting fraud of economic entities: reflection on the responsibility of figures professionals and the role of the Congolese judge, Edition Génération OHADA, Lubumbashi, 2019.
3. Cybercrime at the heart of reform in the DRC, ed. Generation ohada, Lubumbashi, 2020.
4. Telecoms / ICT law. Changes, Competition and consumer protection. African and Congolese outline, ed. Generation ohada, Lubumbashi, 2020.
5. The institution of the entrepreneur: mastery of the informal sector in the DRC ?, in ohadata, 2017.
6. The financial statements in the OHADA zone: the essential thing to remember for an economic operator “, in ohadata D17-12, 2017
7. Economic entities in OHADA law, in Ohadata, D-17-20, 2017.
8. Financial instruments and services in the DRC, in ohadata, D-18-12, 2018
9. Control of provincial budgets by the Court of Auditors in the DRC: between inefficiency and ineffectiveness, in JuriAfrique, September, 2019.
10. Corporate accounting fraud: what is the role of the Congolese judge and the responsibility of figures professionals ?, in ohadata, D-19-10, 2019.
11. Conciliation in insolvency proceedings and its hostility to the principle of equal creditors, in ohadata D-18-28, 2019.
12. The need for harmonized legislation on business secrecy within the OHADA area “, in Revue Justicia, n ° 7, Faculty of Law, University of Lubumbashi, 2020
13. The free allocation of shares under OHADA law: between advantages and disadvantages, in JuriAfrique, September, 2019.
14. Use of financial information from economic entities: between transparency and business secrecy, in Revue Congolaise de droit et des affaires, n ° 39 Mars, LGDJ, Paris, 2020.
15. Does the mediator have the same guarantees of recovery of fees as the arbitrator, in ohadata D-21-28, 2021